cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

emails from a trusted source that i cant stop

Hi

I am receiving a single email from a trusted source, the same email, every few minutes - i now have a 1,000+ within a few days.

I have asked them to delete the email from their sent box, which they have done, but that doesnt stop me receiving it every few minutes.

How can i stop this or any email being received from this trusted source, i dont mind how it's done even if i have to trash all emails from this user, they are happy that i do this, as they are fed up with me chasing them to fix it!  

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: emails from a trusted source that i cant stop

Log on to your BTMail account. Go to Settings > Mail > Block Senders > enter the email address you want to block.

This should block all future emails from that address but it can be a bit hit or miss for some reason. If any do get through mark them as spam and they should eventually stop.

The problem would appear to be with your trusted source. I would have him/her check their computer for malware etc.

It could be that they have at some time had their email hacked and that the email address is now being spoofed to send spam and there is nothing that he/she can do about it.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

They're fed up of you chasing them?!!!!!!!!!

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

I know, that's what I said! Looks like that's stopped it, thanks for the advice.
0 Ratings