cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

engineer came but cant connect

I had an engineer come today to upgrade me to Infinity but he said my line was connected to the wrong cabinet and the cabinet I should be connected to isn't fibre connected where as the wrong cabinet was connected.... So he has connected my line to the correct cabinet ... but has now not been able to connect me to infinity. About 2 hours after he left I lost the basic Internet I had presumably this was switched off as they thought I would have Infinity by then. He said he would escalate the problem as other cabinets in the area are fibre so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.... But what do I do now no doubt I am now paying for a service I don't have and no doubt this will take ages to resolve. Who do I need to speak to??
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: engineer came but cant connect

Hello.

What does the checker say you can get when entering your phone number into the below Broadband Availability checker?

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

Please make sure you take out your phone number when posting the results on the forum.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Hi sorry for the delay in coming back to you please find the details below. I have had a walk to the end of the road and Cabinet 145 is there so I cant see why it cannot be connected. Since my 1st post I have reported it to India who have aranged for an engineer to come out and hopepully reconnect me to the 2meg basic broadband that I had. I have also spoken to someone in the sales department who was going to revert all of my services to as they were before I started trying to get infinity. The idea is get the basic services up and running then try again for Infinity. I cannot see why looking at the info below why I cannot get infinity??? Please help as I am wanting the up to 80 meg service.

Telephone Number 01228******* on Exchange CARLISLE is served by Cabinet 145

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date   High Low High Low    
FTTC Range A (Clean)8069.32019.9--Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted)8055.92017.9--Available

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 2.5--1 to 4Available
ADSL MaxUp to 2--1 to 3Available
WBC Fixed Rate2 ----Available
Fixed Rate2 ----Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast------Available
Copper Multicast------Available
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Hi, Sorry for the delay in replying but as I have no broadband I struggled to attach the below.

As you can see if looks like I should get Infinity I have checked and Cabinet 145 is at the end of my road so why cant I get it??.

I have booked an engineer to come out Thursday afternoon to hopefully connect me to the basic internet 2meg and someone from sales rang me to see what the problem was. She did some checks and couldnt see why I cant get Infinity so she has reverted all of my order back to its pre-infinity state and suggests we get the basics up and running then try again next week for Infinity. Its just **bleep** that no-one takes ownership BT is such a huge company now that they dont have the basic city knowledge to sort an issue out.  So someone please help and tell me will I deffinatly get Infinity If I replace the order next week...? Thanks in advance..

Telephone Number 01228******* on Exchange CARLISLE is served by Cabinet 145

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date   High Low High Low    
FTTC Range A (Clean)8069.32019.9--Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted)8055.92017.9--Available

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 2.5--1 to 4Available
ADSL MaxUp to 2--1 to 3Available
WBC Fixed Rate2 ----Available
Fixed Rate2 ----Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast------Available
Copper Multicast------Available
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Please see below,

As you can see hopefully I can get Infinity, I have checked and Cabinet 145 is at the end of my road.

I have an engineer coming out Thursday PM to hopefully connect me to the basic 2meg service.

Also I have spoken to sales who have reverted all of my services to the pre Infinity state and have suggested we have another go at ordering infinity next week. I cant see why I cant get it on the results below and neither could the sales adviser when she checked.

Trouble is no one takes ownership BT is to big and no-one has the local knowledge or seems to care its the customer that has to do all of the leg work. So if someone could look into things and let me know if I will deffinatly be able to get infinity in the next couple of weeks that would be great. 

cabinet 145.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

OK so the engineer came today and said "ah the previous engineer connected you to the wrong cabinet you should be on 140 which is for this estate" , this is despite Cabinet 145 with the fibre been closer than 140!! so he moved my line again and now I've no chance for the foreseeable future as cabinet 140 isnt Fibre connected yet 😞

He then said I should get the basic 2 meg broadband but to contact my supplier and get them to re-intate the ADSL connection as that was disconnected in error by the previous engineer.?? So I have submitted a form online and just waiting for them to switch me back on.

So appalling service to be so close to getting Infinity to now having to wait for ever..

bt.png

0 Ratings