Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 25

engineer charges

Go to solution

Im a TalkTalk customer, but my phone line from the line box to outside belongs to BT who are responsible for it.  I had a fault in my linebox at the back that TT arent allowed to fix so called Openreach who came & installed a new line box as the existing one was very old & needed replacing due to no fault on our part .  Openreach engineer said due to the nature of the fault it should be repaced free of charge as the box is BTs responsibility & as our internal lines etc were all ok.  Does this still apply with us being TT customers.  If not what should the cost be?

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 25

Re: engineer charges

Go to solution

As you are a TALKTALK customer you would need to ask on their internet forum about their terms and conditions and engineer visit charges.

BT Retail won't know anything about them because, well would would they want to?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 25

Go to solution

BT do not provide or maintain the external network. This is done by Openreach who work for all service providers.

The TT forum is here http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 25

Go to solution
Because it was a BT engineer that came to fix the problem & install new line box, not TT. As our line box to the external pole outside belongs to BT we therefore have a contract with them re goods & services provision.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 25

Go to solution

'Because it was a BT engineer that came to fix the problem & install new line box, not TT. As our line box to the external pole outside belongs to BT we therefore have a contract with them re goods & services provision.'

A BT Engineer, really? Do you mean an Engineer from Openreach, who are a seperate company to BT Retail, which this web site is for.

TALKTALK will have a contract with Openreach and not BT Retail, therefore no one on this site, forum mod or customer will know how much TALKTALK would charge you for an Openreach Engineer visit or what contractural agreement TALKTALK and Openreach have between each other, the only people who cal tell you that are your provider TALKTALK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 25

Go to solution
I can only quote the engineer who said he "worked for BT". In any event I wanted to know the price for comparative purposes, which I now understand to be £130.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 25

Go to solution

It will of been an openreach engineer who works for BT, TalkTalk and all other other service providers.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 25

Go to solution

Openreach are part of the BT Group Business, their name openreach is accompanied by the word "BT" plus the BT logo.  If you go on their webpage, it is copywritten in its entirety to BT plc 2012.

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 25

Go to solution

Its still just openreach.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 25

Go to solution

& Openreach are still part of the BT Business Group.  My linebox is the property of BT plc anyway, therefore BT are contractually involved regardless.