cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 24

engineer visit re: new infinity order need urgent advice

i ordered Infinity yesterday and received all teh relevant emails from BT confirming order.

One email states the engineer will visit from 13:00 and 18:00 Ive just check the status of my order and it now states the followin info where previously a time was given for the enginner:

Your appointment is no longer required, as our engineer can connect your line without requiring access to your premises. The engineer will work to connect your line at the exchange.

I am very concerned who do I call? - I dont want to call and go to India becuase people on the forum seem to have issues with enginner visits when they have been routed to the team there - Im disabled and need my connection  - My understanding is that an engineer does need to attend the property to install the bt modem vDSL?

Lee

Broadband - BT Infinity Option 2
Your appointment
0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 24

Re: engineer visit re: new infinity order need urgent advice

@uklee wrote:

i ordered Infinity yesterday and received all teh relevant emails from BT confirming order.

One email states the engineer will visit from 13:00 and 18:00 Ive just check the status of my order and it now states the followin info where previously a time was given for the enginner:

Your appointment is no longer required, as our engineer can connect your line without requiring access to your premises. The engineer will work to connect your line at the exchange.

I am very concerned who do I call? - I dont want to call and go to India becuase people on the forum seem to have issues with enginner visits when they have been routed to the team there - Im disabled and need my connection  - My understanding is that an engineer does need to attend the property to install the bt modem vDSL?

Lee

Broadband - BT Infinity Option 2
Your appointment

Hi there,

You can safely ignore that notification. The engineer does need access to your property, as he will need to install the BT Openreach VSDL modem and the Infinity SSFP (Service Specific Face Plate) onto your current master socket.

I hope this info helps. 😄

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 24

I am really concerned for two reason one I want Infinity and secondly Im disabled and will have to paid for someone to be heere when the engineer calls - Im not in a postion to pay and then the engineer doesnt turn up.

Just called BT they can see there is an issue with the appoinment but they dont know what the issue is -they said they will invesigate and come abck to me - I hope they do the BT person seem genuine so fingers crossed they update me.

Lee

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 24

Received a call to say I require a MAC code - why would I require a MAC code if Im already a BT broadband customer?

This is where I start to become concerned because there appears to be direct access to the infinity team with one person to deal with to see the order/problem through.

Being told the order may have to be cancelled and another order placed which means my installation date will now be later - it having to be passed on to another section within BT.

Been told I should hear something back from BT next week - sorry BT this is really poor service.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 24

Hi,

if you are already on BT Broadband and just upgrading to Infinity you do NOT need a MAC code, there is something else wrong or you possible misunderstood them.

Filling in this form might help the mods find out what on earth is happening: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

You must understand the mods are a small group of UK based BT Employees on this forum and it might take a couple of days for them to pick up on your message, so be aware that BT might get back to you anyway before the mods are able to.

toekneem

(EASBF)

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 24

No I did not misundersatnd she said the order had failed becuase it was requiring a MAC code. She tested my line twice and it came back to say there were no issue with the line whatsover for the order to fail.

Thanks for the link

Lee

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 24

Hi uklee, I would do as toekneem advised and fill out the contact form as you will be dealing with people who know what they are talking about and have a great knack for getting favourable results for forum members when they run into issues with BT products.

(edited to fix a typo ... Smiley Surprised)

Kind regards... Tom

BT Infinity2:
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 8 of 24

Isn't there a special disabled users helpline?

I am registered as a "vulnerable user" with all my utilities as normally they give me a special number to call for people who are specially trained for people with disabilities.

Although I registered with BT for the life of me I can't find any number with them for such service.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 24

yes when i press 150 the call is routed to the the team that deals with people with disabiliies.

Received a text and email confirming engineer visit and it briefly reappaered in tack my order but now its gone -it just so frustrating I dont understand why BT make is comlpicated - its seem my order was rejected becuase a MAC code was being requested. Why a MAC code was being requested I know not, I am a BT customer already.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 10 of 24

Hi uklee,

If you are still having trouble with this, can you fill out the contact us form in the "about me" section of my profile, we will take a look at this.

Cheers,
Chris.
Forum Moderator Team
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings