cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
codex
Aspiring Contributor
Message 51 of 68

Re: error 6013 / VCR BT has never heard of this error before!

Go to solution
so why when getting updates for microsoft silverlight .don't they work then
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 52 of 68

Go to solution
As you can see from the Silverlight Fixit page, the errors can be in the registry in the PC. They can also be in the Playright cache, also stored on the PC, not the Silverlight program itself.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
osbornj6
Aspiring Contributor
Message 53 of 68

Go to solution

I had the same problem on my PCs, Windows 8, with IE and Firefox.  Seems the issue is all around DRM and administrator rights.

I downloaded the ResetDRM.exe from Microsoft (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976590), which sadly won't self-extract in Windows 8.  So to unpack it, I first had to install 7-Zip and open the ResetDRM.exe from there into a directory on my PC.  Inside it is ClearnDRM.exe, ADVPACK.DLL and resetdrm.inf.   I then closed all my browsers

Then I started a new command prompt with administrator rights (this is important).  I navigated to the directory in that command prompt window with those 3 files I'd unpacked and ran  CleanDRM.exe -v and it opened the logfile. 

Following other advice about issues with the PlayReady component, I also deleted the mspr.hds file which was in my C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\PlayReady folder.  Additionally, I deleted the contents of (not the folder itself) C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\eHome and C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\DRM.   The C:\ProgramData is normally hidden, so all you need to do is open Windows Explorer and type, or paste, this into the address bar in Windows Explorer and press the Enter key to reveal it and its sub-directories.

Finally, I started a browser with administrator rights, and then navigated to http://sports.bt.com and logged in with my MyBT account details.  I then proceeded to the "Watch Now" button and was successfully able to watch the channels after much grief. 

I hope that this works for some of you too.

0 Ratings
codex
Aspiring Contributor
Message 54 of 68

Go to solution
good advise but you need to be able to activate the program data in hidden folders for us newbies
0 Ratings
codex
Aspiring Contributor
Message 55 of 68

Go to solution
having LOL when viewing reponses to our to fix this issue deleting anything on your computor before you are a wis kid can have problems on your device
0 Ratings
codex
Aspiring Contributor
Message 56 of 68

Go to solution
also i might add why are you all doing this and that .to alter your settings.what a load twoddle
0 Ratings
codex
Aspiring Contributor
Message 57 of 68

Go to solution
warniing do not go down this path if you can view in firefox ok if not wait for a update from microsoft i am sure there will be one said bt LOL
0 Ratings
codex
Aspiring Contributor
Message 58 of 68

Go to solution
as you are all aware I.have been having trouble watching sports using ie8 vista I also get the same problem watching sky tv online
this also uses silverlight.I think maybe it might be something to do with my browser settings on this computor i am not using private browsing. but what i can't understand watching in firefox browser no problems.could you please post any fixes thanks
0 Ratings
codex
Aspiring Contributor
Message 59 of 68

Go to solution

I have been speaking to the tech department of bt sport about error code 6000 unable to playback video vc019 in windows 8 vista he is going to do some research on this problem he is going to phone me when he has a answer.I will post info.

0 Ratings
mikesierra
Message 60 of 68

Go to solution

Tried all 4 Tips and error VC019 still persistes on Windows 8 with IE10. I also have an Andriod tablet with struggles with BT Sport - error VC011 in this case, but have managed to get it working. iPAD access works consistently, so clearly BT need to make IE and Android access much slicker.

If anybody has a Tip 5 please let me know!

0 Ratings