cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
landie57
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

error code IPC6009 and lost channels

Started having problem with YouView yesterday, could not watch BT Sport due to message saying channel unavailable and error code IPC 6009. Other sport channels also unavailable.

Phoned helpdesk today after trying all suggested fixes, reboot home hub, and YouView box, retune and reset YouView. Still ame problem and have now lost channels that previously were listed eg BT sport etc.

YouView is now connected to GigE port on home hub as advised by helpdesk.

Awaiting technical support to call as helpdesk had exhausted their optiions.

Any help appreciated.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: error code IPC6009 and lost channels

When did BT say they will fix it?

I advise not doing anything until they have done their thing and post back if it still aint working.

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
landie57
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Missed cal from tech support but they left a message suggesting reset you view box and plug aerial in. Aerial has always been plugged in and have already reset the box.

Problem is you view box is connected to home hub but will not connect ti internet for some reason. Should get another call from tech support today. Not too hiopeful though.

0 Ratings
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

Is it connected through ethernet plugs or directly to the hub?

Either way can you test if the ethernet is working or the ethernet and ethernet plugs are working by using a laptop or pc and seeing if it conects to the internet

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

Does your box have an IP address, can you connect a laptop to the Youview ethernet cable and browse OK?
0 Ratings