Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 113

Re: error message 554 - can't receive emails from some people

@jonathancherry wrote:

Thanks. Have submitted my details. 

My enquiry reference number is xxxx.

Hi.

Please edit your post to remove the enquiry number, it is only relevant to you.

0 Ratings
hungabunga
Beginner
Message 12 of 113

Hi Paddy

have sent you a pm as couldn't find the contact the mods link, as mentioned in the pm having intermittent issues sending to btinternet email accounts. My external ip is listed in the pm

Thanks

Sohail

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 13 of 113

Hi Guys,

Thank you for all of you that sent in your details. The BT Mail team have enough details now to get this investigated. Once I get an update, I will post back on this thread.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
paulnicklin
Beginner
Message 14 of 113

We're experiencing the same problems

We were registered as "Unknown risk" at cyren but have got us to "No Risk" - not sure how long that takes to propagate to BT though.

Can we have the call reference number so that we can keep hassling - it's been 3 days now and no progress.

Paul

0 Ratings
scopio
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 113

Same problem here.

I am a co-ordinator for the Neighbourhood Watch Scheme for the road in which I live and have been forwarding emails from the West Mercia Police to members of my Neighbourhood Watch for several years using the same email addresses without any problems.

On Saturday I tried to forward nine emails using the same method that I have previously have to all my members without any problems except to three members with BT email addresses and I have got an email from the 

postmaster@mail.hotmail.com with the “Delivery to the following recipients failed” to nine emails sent to xxxxxxxx@btopenworld.com, xxxxxxxx@btinternet.com and xxxxxxxx@btinternet.com with these details

“Reporting-MTA: dns;DUB004-OMC2S5.hotmail.com

Received-From-MTA: dns;DUB111-DS27

Arrival-Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 06:55:29 -0700”

“Final-Recipient: rfc822;xxxxxx@btinternet.com

Action: failed

Diagnostic-Code: smtp;554 Message rejected for policy reasons (3.2.2.1) - Please report any problems to BT via the postmaster@btinternet.com mailbox and include your sending ip address with an example header of your email”

0 Ratings
paulnicklin
Beginner
Message 16 of 113

Latest is that it's because we're sending via 209.85.212.169, and that's marked as spam by Cyren

209.85.212.169 is Gmail!

Have used the Cyren IP reputation check and (obviously) these IP addresses show as acceptable..

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 17 of 113

@paulnicklin wrote:

Latest is that it's because we're sending via 209.85.212.169, and that's marked as spam by Cyren

209.85.212.169 is Gmail!

Have used the Cyren IP reputation check and (obviously) these IP addresses show as acceptable..

Do you have the full header info of the return error? Send me a private message (PM), rather than to this public area.

I have tried sending from gmail to myself, and no issues. Have you tried sending a single email to see what happens ?

There might be a common theme, however if it was a massive widespread problem there would be more reports. It's still clearly wrong.

0 Ratings
paulnicklin
Beginner
Message 18 of 113

Finally.. turns out that despite the Cyren reputation check showing our IP and domain as clear, internally within BT the ip address, or domain (they aren't being clear), has been marked as a spam site.

So same sentiment as above, a solution eventually but I raised this call a week ago!

Looks like investigations06 at btinternet dot com is a "tracer" account - mails won't bounce if sent there, but things are logged better.

0 Ratings
djackson
Beginner
Message 19 of 113

Have sent an example through. 

We send links in emails to our customers - any possibility there is a new policy that is too restrictive around this?

Anyone else having this problem with plain text emails??

Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 20 of 113

@paulnicklin wrote:

Finally.. turns out that despite the Cyren reputation check showing our IP and domain as clear, internally within BT the ip address, or domain (they aren't being clear), has been marked as a spam site.

So same sentiment as above, a solution eventually but I raised this call a week ago!

Hi.

Is this issue only when sending to BTinternet email addresses ? I suppose as your list only contains a tiny few domains, it's hard to judge whether the same issue appears for others.

0 Ratings