cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
silvo56
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

extending wi-fi

Hi all , I have recently got bt infinity with the home hub 5 . Everything is great except i have one room with poor signal . i have a wireless-N repeater which i would like to use , but being stupid i cant set it up as per instuctions . I have a wired connection from hub to above room and then i would like it to be wireless to a couple of devices there . 

I really need a step by step complete idiot proof guide to help set it up so i dont mess my wifi up ,so if anyone can help i would be grateful . I have read that it may not work with the level of security on the hub but not sure . The wireless repeater model is WS-WN518W2 REV A . Thanks ,Graham .

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: extending wi-fi

Welcome to this user forum.

There are compatibility issues with wireless repeaters which can sometimes be overcome by manual setup of IP address and wireless encryption, similar to this device TP-Link WA701ND

To overcome these issues, BT have their own wireless repeater which has been tested, and known to work with the BT home hubs.

http://www.shop.bt.com/products/bt-dual-band-wi-fi-extender-600-8W46.html

As to your device, I have no information. If you cannot get it to work, then the BT option may be best.

0 Ratings