cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amber33
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 21

extremely low upload speeds and high latency

I have had BT infinity a few months.  All has been fine up until the last few days.  My upload speeds are practically zero, also online gaming or using on-line voice communications have become virtually impossible as my latency has become extremely high.  Ping tests I have performed are much higher than they used to be.

The test results I got are:

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.

Download Speed
 68.11 Mbps

0 Mbps70.45 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 68.11 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 56.36 Mbps-70.45 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 70.45 Mbps

2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 0.27 Mbps

0 Mbps20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.27Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.

Things I have tried include:-

- ruling out the homehub by connecting the modem directly to pc via PPoE connection

- trying different port on the homehub

- different speed tests (same results)

I use a wired connection and things were fine up until a few days ago, there have been noc hanges from my end.  

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
amber33
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 21

Re: extremely low upload speeds and high latency

The situation is still the same,  it is very frustrating as I rely on this connection to work from home and the lack of upload speed is making it very difficult to send files and use voice communications.  I do not want to change providers but I will not be able to carry on with this poor upload speed.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 3 of 21

Try a factory reset of the hub using the pinhole reset. Hold in for about 20 seconds.

0 Ratings
amber33
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 21

Thanks for the suggestion Pippincp.  I gave it a try but unfortunately it made no difference.

0 Ratings
amber33
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 21

My situation is still the same, today I was not able to upload an attachment to a work email without it repeatedly timing out.  This is something that would have happened in seconds a week ago.  Who should I contact for assistance?

0 Ratings
Canonfan
Beginner
Message 6 of 21

I can totally sympathise with this post. I had BT Infinity 1 installed last August and ever since the connection has been sluggish with very slow download and upload speeds. I've run the BT wholesale speed tester this evening and am currently getting 5.49 mbs download  - the maximum achieveable speed for my ip is indicated as 15.63 mbs. The upload speed is 0.12 mbs!, with a maximum achievable speed indicated from my ip profile of  10 mbs - I wish! I've escalated this to BT Broadband support on more than one occasion and have been through numerous rounds of modem, hub and line resets - all to no effect. I'm only 1.1 mile from the exchange in Pegwell (Ramsgate), so surely a decent Infinity connection should be possible?  I've tried plugging my modem directly into the master BT socket, no difference. Have also had a follow up engineer visit from the initial instillation, no difference. Any advice on how to resolve this would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
amber33
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 21

Well, things are just getting worse.  Upload tests are timing out.  My last provider may have had a much lower download speed but at least I could use skype and ulpad files without issue.  I am very dissapointed.

0 Ratings
hivemine
Beginner
Message 8 of 21

I'm having the exact same issues and it only started 4 days ago. This person seemed to have the exact same issue and got it resolved https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Very-bad-connection-Packet-Loss-very-low-up...

I have turned off all other devices and ran tests from a clean linux installation and also reset the router and the problem still persists. It seems like it was something on BTs side and they needed a high up engineer to fix it, no amount of router resetting will fix this as far as I can tell. So if you can find a way to fix this and who to talk to post it on the forums as it seems to be effecting a fair few of us now. If there are any mods around who can escalate this please do, I can pm you my phone number and any other details.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 9 of 21

@amber33 wrote:

Well, things are just getting worse.  Upload tests are timing out.  My last provider may have had a much lower download speed but at least I could use skype and ulpad files without issue.  I am very dissapointed.

I've flagged your post for a mod and one should be along soon.

Once you contact them using the link they provide it will take 3-5 days for them to reply.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 10 of 21

Hi amber33,

Thanks for posting and welcome.

I'm happy to take a closer look at your connection from here.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Please include the link to this thread when you complete the form and whenever we've received your details we'll take it from there.

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings