cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

failed to turn off phone properly, will i be charged for 18hr phone call to an answer phone ?

whilst staying at a friends house i used her landline to call a moblie phone, when i got an answer phone i hung up (or so i thought) the next morning i went to use the phone and found it was still on and the duration was 18hrs! will she (i) be charged for this call ? im extremely worried!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: failed to turn off phone properly, will i be charged for 18hr phone call to an answer phone ?

Hopefully not.

Usually if there is no "traffic" (ie speaking) on the line for a set time the phone will automatically disconnect. This can vary depending on supplier / network, but can be 10 minutes.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

Re: failed to turn off phone properly, will i be charged for 18hr phone call to an answer phone ?

Many thanks (10 mins is a lot better than 18 hrs!!)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

I presume as you have posted on the BT forums. that your friend has  her calls with BT,

If this is the case,  if she uses the My BT facility she can view the usage, time, duration and cost of the calls.

Beats waiting in suspense for the next bill.  Smiley Surprised