cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lloydie
Message 1 of 6

failure notice on emails

further to my telephone call to tech support today regarding receiving failure notice emails from emails sent from south america which i have not emailed, i was advised to change my password which i did & that would sort the problem out. i am still having the same sort of emails....WHY

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: failure notice on emails

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 6

@Lloydie wrote:

further to my telephone call to tech support today regarding receiving failure notice emails from emails sent from south america which i have not emailed, i was advised to change my password which i did & that would sort the problem out. i am still having the same sort of emails....WHY

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

Your email address has been used by a spammer as the "From" address in their spam run. Any failure messages will automatically be returned to you, as well as some people replying "do not spam" etc/

You haven't sent them, and no password change is necessary. May I ask why you think they are sent from South America ?

Some people have had 10s of 1000s of these non delivery reports, and frankly there is actually little the can be done to prevent it.

The emails typically reduce to a trickle and then stop as the spammer uses another poor persons email address in their next spam run.

0 Ratings
Myra
Message 4 of 6

I am currently having the same problem with failure messages for emails I have not sent. I've had 100's in the last 2 days. Most of them are written in Russian!! Can nothing be done about this?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

@Myra wrote:

I am currently having the same problem with failure messages for emails I have not sent. I've had 100's in the last 2 days. Most of them are written in Russian!! Can nothing be done about this?

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

Can you go back and read my other post as it's relevant to you.

There is actually nothing that can be done at present to stop this from happening.

0 Ratings
Myra
Message 6 of 6

OK, thank you.
0 Ratings