Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KhaosTheory
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

fair use policy

Go to solution
So I'm off work for 2 weeks now and I'm going to be starting to do a lot of uploading on YouTube. Is uploading data subject to fair use policy like downloading is or am I free to upload to my hearts content? If it does have fair use what is the limit?

I just don't want bt throttling my connection if they deem me to be going over fair use.
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
lmosley
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: fair use policy

Go to solution

Upload and download are combined in the FUP or data per GB sence.

Either way no one really knows what the limit is. You "Should" be fine 😉
(However your prob best waiting for another reply though as im not 100% sure :p)

0 Ratings
KhaosTheory
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
The quick reply is much appreciated, I shall wait for another reply also as you said. If that fails I'll take it up with bt live chat in the morning and see what figures they can give me
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@KhaosTheory wrote:
The quick reply is much appreciated, I shall wait for another reply also as you said. If that fails I'll take it up with bt live chat in the morning and see what figures they can give me

The Fair Usage Policy has been scraped since April 2011, download/upload as much as you want 😉

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

download/upload as much as you want  

As long as you are on Infinity 2, not Infinity 1.  You didn't specify.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@sjtp wrote:

download/upload as much as you want  

As long as you are on Infinity 2, not Infinity 1.  You didn't specify.

Any fair usage policy would exceed any capped usage on the B.T's packages, so obviously the assumption is the user is on the unlimited package. 

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Paul1360
Expert
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
The only usage limits for Infinity is if the OP is on the 40/2Mb package which is 40Gb per month, all others are unlimited and as BT would only slow you down if you used P2P at peak times but as they have blocked most torrent sites now then it truely nust be unlimited
iechyd da
KhaosTheory
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
Cheers guys that has cleared that 1 up for me. All your help is much appreciated 🙂
0 Ratings