cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mshaw43488
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

fec events

good eve, can someone clarify if i should be concerned about the high number of FEC events here, or does everything look ok

thanks

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connectedppp0_0
Connection time:0 days, 04:21:48
Downstream:9.364 Mbps
Upstream:1.095 Mbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):4.7 dB / 6.1 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):37.4 dB / 22.6 dB
Output power (Down/Up):20.2 dBm / 12.7 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):167809 / 270
CRC Events (Down/Up):396 / 50
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):6957 / 48
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):177 / 32
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: fec events

there is nothing to worry about FEC's just show that interleaving is working
0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 7

FEC essentially show that interleaving is working and you can have high values without it causing problems.

I personally would just keep an eye on your errors as they are on the high side for just a 4 hour connection - it may be due to the time of day. just keep a record of them at the same time each day to see if the increase is consistent.

So long as your throughput is not reduced then things should be ok.

0 Ratings
mshaw43488
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

grreat thanks for your help , what about the other events such as crc and hec are those also ok?..do you think i have a reasonable connection for my line length?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Your connection looks ok and errors should not cause you a problem. Your noise margin is already below 6db so cannot see any scope for faster. According to kitz maybe about 10mb

Are you connected using the test socket?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mshaw43488
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

yes plugged into the master socket, no noticable noise on the line either.. so that must be all iam going  to  get

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Sorry do you mean the master or the socket behind the detachable bottom half - the test socket. The test socket eliminates any problems caused by your internal wiring and should be your best connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings