cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 11 of 38

Re: feedback on routers

great information i,ve saved them all ,i will try this with the HH3 very helpful ?)
JamJar62
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 12 of 38

Im using the netgear n750 WDNR 4000 and I love it.
I would agree with a previous reply:
Try the hh3 first, the only reason I switched is because it was becoming hard to use since my wireless devices kept disconnecting etc.
Only switch if your router gives you problems, or even have BT send out a replacement first.
Its best to not spend the money, for years each of the homehubs have been great until the one I got with infinity (HH3).
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 38

Since I gave my computers fixed IP addresses and changed the wireless adapter on my laptop to a Netgear WNA3100 I've had no problems with wireless or wired on the HH3. I got worse wireless performance when I tried using a TP Link WA701ND wireless access point instead of the HH3 for wireless. Wireless performance seems to depend on particular combinations of Access Points and adapters, and of course on what other wireless networks there are around you.

I think that almost everyone will agree that the automatic wireless channel selection on the HH3 is virtually useless. Set it to fixed channel, and experiment to find which works best for you. There is a very useful program called "Inssider", which will show you all the wireless networks within range of your adapter (including of course your own), and show which channels they on, and the signal strength of each.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 14 of 38

I had a AVM Fritz!Box 7390 was a load of rubbish!!  Just ordered a Draytrek 2850n, I had previously only used Draytek before fibre came along i must have had a crazy moment when i ordered the AVM but im back on track now

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 15 of 38

Draytek 2750n how does this work etc ?

Hi All I,m abit puzzled and want some info ..I have read alot about people changing there router and not using the HH3 ,but i noticed that some on the forum are using the Draytek 2750n Router on its own  and doing away with the OR Modem , i thought that you had to keep the OR Modem and how does this work or set up with the Draytek 2750n ? any views thanks 🙂

JamJar62
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 38

I am using the 2850n , all you need to do is follow the 2750n infinity setup on draytek's site, and voila running lovely. There were a couple of days of it settling in but is fine .
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------BT Infinity 2 | 80/20 | SamKnows™ Infinity 2 Member | (EASBF)

Stephen
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 38

- am using it on its own as modem and router.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------BT Infinity 2 | 80/20 | SamKnows™ Infinity 2 Member | (EASBF)

Stephen
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 18 of 38

so i,m i right i saying that the Draytek 2750n is both router and modem 🙂
JamJar62
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 38

Yeah it's a VDSL modem/router 🙂
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 20 of 38

thanks i have heard its very good with B.T Infinity from threads on the B.T forum ,the idea of having one box instead of two is interesting 🙂
JamJar62
0 Ratings