cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 2

fibre availability

We are looking to move to a small rural village and all the estate agent broadband checkers say that there is only standard broadband available and Sky have confirmed there is no fibre broadband available from them. I run my own business and have a large family so need a decent internet speed and BT say that they can offer broadband with a guaranteed speed of 65 mb based on a postcode search for the property we're interested in. Do I believe them and potentially re-locate my entire family when the standard broadband speed is 3-5mbps for the postcode? 

If we buy a house and then can't stay there, being able to walk out of your contract penalty free is no consolation and a very expensive leap of faith! Love the house - terrified!

Thanks for any help.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: fibre availability

Welcome to the BT Residential Customers forum

As you are a business user, please could you post on the BT Business forum at http://business.forums.bt.com/

One of the team there may be able to help with othe business options.

A postcode search is not accurate enough. You need to use the address and postcode in this form, or even better, the phone number of an adjacent property.

Broadband availability checker

A speed of 3-5Mbs is more than adequate to run a business, unless you are going to be running servers or using VOIP.

Thanks

0 Ratings