Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theheff325
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

flat in new conversion, neighbours have fibre avaiable but not me

Afternoon guys, first post.

due to be moving into a new flat at the end of the month. its a converted office block, with 5 flats.

flats are A - E. flats B,C and D are showing fibre available. flats A and E are not. guess which one im moving into, A!!

i spoke with BT who have said its on a silver?? something or other and that i can order normal broadband, and then upgrade it to fibre. This seems a bit backwards to me, and obviously leaves me without the option of the deals etc they offer and will cost me more. Why cant i just order fibre and they connect it? Im pretty sure the cabinet is about 20 metres down the road, and the building is obviously supplied with fibre as the neighbours have it.

could this just be a lost in the system job? im wanting fibre for my gaming and streaming so if  can get it ill b epretty miserable in the flat.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
pippincp
Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: flat in new conversion, neighbours have fibre avaiable but not me

Assuming there is no active phone line in the flat then that is why FTTC is not shown as available.

IIRC if you just actvate a phone line then offers on BB will still be available but don't take this as a guarantee.

In normal circumstances within a week of a phone line being activated then FTTC will become available.

Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

As above, you need to have a working phone line first. Once the line is activated all of the relevant databases will update with the routing information, but of course this depends how it's installed by the engineer as to what capacity is available where, which is why it's not always possible to know which cabinet your line will be connected to, until it's active.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
theheff325
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

cheers guys, what im worried about is that ill get in there and then be told that I cant have fibre. assuming that is not likely to be the case?
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

If the cabinet is that close and your neighbours are connected to it then it's unlikely that the line serving your property wouldn't be connected to it.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings