Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clackers
Contributor
Message 1 of 45

flooded with spam again

Go to solution
this issue was bad a few months ago and died down for a while but last few days I'm getting so much it's depressing. it all gets delivered to my inbox on my mobile device at all times of the day and night.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
44 REPLIES 44
dw79
Beginner
Message 2 of 45

Re: flooded with spam again

Go to solution

The same is happening to me on my main account. I'm getting over 20 a day that are not filtered out into the spam folder and hundreds into my spam folder. 

0 Ratings
andr3w
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 45

Go to solution

I found a way of using the rules to make sure the Inbox contained only senders you want, it has kept my Inbox clear of spam, but it may not suit everyone! If you look in the discussion topic "Spam filter" it's on Page 10.

(I would put a link to this post but I am not sure how!

0 Ratings
clackers
Contributor
Message 4 of 45

Go to solution
I've had 20 so far today and expect more as it steadily comes in. it's outrageous that BT aren't catching it all in the spam filter and chucking it straight in the bin.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 45

Go to solution

How would BT know its spam, you may have actually won that lottery you never entered Smiley Wink

All you can do is to use the extensive filtering options available, similar to what I suggest on this page.

http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/email/spam.html

Plus other suggestions that have been posted.

0 Ratings
clackers
Contributor
Message 6 of 45

Go to solution
haha yes I might be deleting the winning ticket....

can anyone point me to the link or maybe a person who does stuff here could help me I have an old email address that is unused just set up to forward to the current address. this old email is the one getting the spam I can tell as they use some of that email address in the first line of theirs to get my attention. I want to close that email address. it's more trouble than its worth. if I miss out on an old contact not being able to stay in touch then that's the price I'll have to pay for ending this spam harassment.
0 Ratings
clackers
Contributor
Message 7 of 45

Go to solution
29 spam emails so far today... credit cards, PPI compensation, double glazing and conservatories, life insurance, laser eye surgery and boiler replacement mainly.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 45

Go to solution

If it is a BT email sub account you can delete it your self. If it is your primary email address it is a bit more difficult and would require BT doing that and changing your account details etc.

Would it not be easier just to stop the old email address from forwarding and then stop using it. That way, if it is your primary email address you can still use the user name to access BT services such as BTWifi and you can occasionally check the account to see if there is anything important being sent to it. 

0 Ratings
adambc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 45

Go to solution

This has started happening to me again too - it died down and spam was being put in my spam folder and that was fine - now it's in my inbox - sorry BT/Yahoo, but it's from multiple sources, which means ... someone your end HAS changed something, so can you please (re)fix it asap ...

PS I do NOT want to have to set up filtering - it was fine as it was, until someone changed something your end!!!

0 Ratings
clackers
Contributor
Message 10 of 45

Go to solution
the email was primary account but bt changed it a while back. I will stop it forwarding for now. thanks for the suggestion.
0 Ratings