cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 8

freezing or remote stops while watching BT Player

If BT Player freezes on you, rather than just shut off the youview box can you try pressing any of the following buttons on the remote (may need to do more than once)

'back', 'close' or 'guide'

If you get black screen again try pressing 'close' or 'guide'

The reason being this happens on Now TV with a retail box every so often and i've reported this to NowTV and also raised the issue on the Youview forums.

I've had the issue twice, but only on NowTV and pressing the mentioned buttons enabled me to get back to the normal Youview screens, all other buttons on the remote had stopped responding until then.

If you post back if you had this problem on BT Player and if doing the above fixes it, as can then give it to bt and youview to look into further

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
bobjob
Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: freezing or remote stops while watching BT Player

had a freeze up on bt on demand last night,had to do a soft reset to get it back,the box freezes about once a week on average,will try your suggestion next time but there seems no reason to the box freezing,it does it on live tv,on demand,and vision on demand ??? but not all the time.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
TimSmedley
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

Remote stops working whilst watching Box Office film

Sitting watching Bourne, the first film we have downloaded(not HD) and the younger members of the audience need a comfort break.

Pause , stop, rewind/forward - none work; EPG button does so go into that, move up and own, come back - still wont stop/pause etc. Make note of elapsed time, turn off box, restart box, restart film, FF to elapsed time, press play - starts OK. Check pause  - works OK.

A beer break is then required so try pause, stop etc - no joy. Film runs. Film finishes, Guide pressed, TV works, pause etc all working again.

Any suggestions?

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 8

I have a retail box and also get the freezing problem, usually after just completing a menu operation. Live TV picture continues but there is no sound and the box refuses to react to any input (either from remote or the buttons on the box).

As this was a retail box I of course reported this to Youview directly and months on they are still 'investigating' the problem saying they can't recreate the fault on their own boxes. The suspicion elsewhere that it is related to the box being left in 'low eco' standby for long periods.

Of course freezing boxes is something Youview doesn't want to shout about at present as they try to build market share, but they need to resolve this as quickly as possible in the next update if possible.

0 Ratings
TimSmedley
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 8

I raised a separate thread as my issue is slightly different - but regretably very similar.

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 8

my issues happened after software updates - so ended up powering off the box fully, waited 30 seconds then powered back on - since not had the issues

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 8

Re: Remote stops working whilst watching Box Office film

@TimSmedley wrote:

Sitting watching Bourne, the first film we have downloaded(not HD) and the younger members of the audience need a comfort break.

Pause , stop, rewind/forward - none work; EPG button does so go into that, move up and own, come back - still wont stop/pause etc. Make note of elapsed time, turn off box, restart box, restart film, FF to elapsed time, press play - starts OK. Check pause  - works OK.

A beer break is then required so try pause, stop etc - no joy. Film runs. Film finishes, Guide pressed, TV works, pause etc all working again.

Any suggestions?

I think this is very similar to the post I raised and might be better off merged into that thread.

Litterally just keep pressing back, close, stop randomly and it may eventually get back to the main screen - ideally it would be good to have some kind of diagnostics log on the box, which can then be sent back to bt/youview to determine what is causing the problem

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Re: Remote stops working whilst watching Box Office film

Merged.

0 Ratings