Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bigdaddysmurf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 18

g.dmt not adsl2+

Hi guys,

I have been with BT a month(ish) now and have been quite impressed with the general speed compared to my previous provider.

However, my connection type is g.dmt (ADSL) not ADSL2+ which would surely provide me with a better speed than g.dmt even though i have a long line.

I have tried forcing my modem to connect to ADSL2+ (which has worked with other providers) but it wont sync.

Can anyone help me with this? My setup is below.

Draytek Vigor 120 Modem

D-Link DIR-825 Gigabit Router

Cheers

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: g.dmt not adsl2+

hi your exchange may not be enabled for adls2+ not all bt exchanges are try this link and post back please

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search

you need to look for 21cn wbc enabled
0 Ratings
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 18

No it will not always give you a faster line, I'm reluctant to try a LLu products on attenuation of 42, from what I see and advised I'm either way territory.

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/21cn.htm

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings
Bigdaddysmurf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 18

My exchange, (bognor) is both 21cn and adsl2+ enabled.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 18

enter your current attenuation +2/3db and see

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/max_speed_calc.php

additional 2/3 db is due to increase when upgraded to 21CN

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Bigdaddysmurf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 18

Ok, have done that. Attenuation is 51db and I am currently connecting at 3500 on g.dmt. According to the above link I should get another meg out of it, but I would be happy to get onto 4000 to put me on a different ip profile.

So how do I get it switched to adsl2+?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 18

as you have not had an email then you need to contact sales and agree a new contract which gives the opportunity to negotiate a new reduced monthly cost  uk sales 08007830056 

I would suggest you use the search and try 'upgrade problems'  just so you are aware that 21CN is very aggressive on noise and what was stable on adslmax may not be the same on 21CN

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Darren
Contributor
Message 8 of 18

Agree with imjolly,that's what I did to get my line to adsl2 and also got a deal aswell,bb option 3 with unlimited calls £25 month,remember one you are connected it will take time for the line to settle,also would suggest asking for a new hub as you will be signing for another year
0 Ratings
Bigdaddysmurf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 18

I am on option 3!!!!!!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 18

that does not stop you getting a better deal than you currently have and an upgrade in speed as well - negotiating a good deal is up to you at the time - I got a better deal if I didn't take the HH3

0 Ratings