cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 25

getting dvr to send emails

Hi all , hope someone can help .

im a cctv engineer and used to setting routers up,port forwarding etc . I set up "email alert" on these dvrs which contact a montioring station and then dial in . On two BT business broadband sites now ive tried i cannot get a email to be sent from the dvr , i can view online fine it just will not email. ive even tried differnt routers with no luck . If i bring the dvr home and plug it into my plusnet broad band , it can send emails fine . so im confident theres nothing wrong with the config but bt is blocking somehow?? has anyone else experianced this or know a fix . The last one i had i made the customer cancel his bt and go with talktalk, and it now emails fine???

appreciate any help !!!

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 25

Re: getting dvr to send emails

This is a BT residential customer forum.

BT Business customers use a different email system so you would be better to post on the business forum where you might get some help.

https://business.forums.bt.com/

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 25

What SMTP server & port are you using for the DVR to send emails?

Message 4 of 25

Thanks will do !
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 25

the smtp is a private one that the monitoring station uses.the port is 25 , theres just a sending name and email and receiver name and email, no authentication . it works on every other network?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 25

Have you tried using port 465?

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 7 of 25

yes still fails

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 25

Presumably you will also have tried port 587?

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 9 of 25

no , but just have and still the same . I think the only 2 i can use is 25 and 9025 , as thats what the monitoring station accepts it by

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 25

Some BB networks block all port 25 SMTPs other than their own. I don't know whether BT does.

Try port 465 or 567 with SSL & authentication to be the same as for the Incoming Server, i.e. your normal own email username & password.

Otherwise you'll need to ask your monitoring site what alternative SMTPs they can provide you with. If none but port 25 you cannot send emails from the DVR over the BT BB network.