cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Recognised Expert
Message 21 of 25

Re: getting dvr to send emails

But aren't your other sites all using port 25?

Message 22 of 25

Yes and they are all working
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 25

But the point being that port 25 doesn't need authentication or SSL, 465 and 587 do, so unless you can enter those settings those ports won't work.

Recognised Expert
Message 24 of 25

@licquorice: Thanks, my point exactly.

@mattcookeuk: If your monitoring site can't provide a SMTP on other than port 25 you won't be able to send emails from the DVR over the BT BB network.

Message 25 of 25

Hi Matt

I just wonder if you have sorted the email issue from your DVT yet as your post is quite old.

I have had the vary same problem and have been trying to fine a workround for over a year.

Yesterday I found the solution to my issue and hope it will shed some light on your issue.

I was setting up the smtp in the dvr using my BT ID which was not a BTInternet email but a gmail.

I went to the MyBT page and set up a new email address "newemailaddress@btinternet.com"

and hey presto the mail went straight through. So in order to get a DVR to send emails you must use a btinternet email address.

I hope this helps if you have not already sorted it

Phil

0 Ratings