cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trisha
Message 1 of 10

getting logged onto openzone

Go to solution

Can anyone help me? I take my laptop down to Fermanagh to my boyfriend's at the weekends, and need internet access.  I am a BT Broadband user on option 3 and am entitled to free wifi.  I have been trying to log onto BT openzone but it rejects my username and password.  It shows good signal strength and that but just won't accept my log in details which i use daily to access my yahoo mail.  What would the problem be? Any help greatly appreciated.  Trisha

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: getting logged onto openzone

Go to solution

Welcome to the forum.

@trisha wrote:

What would the problem be? Any help greatly appreciated.  Trisha

Lets hope its the simplest problem, on the landing page, sign in as a BT BB customer from the drop down menu box, with your user name and email address. It will only work for the principal account, and not sub-account holders at the moment.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Check to make sure you are not trying to login to FONERA as well

toekneem

(EASBF)

trisha
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

I will try that, thank you. The proper BT Openzone page opens, and i try to log in as a BT customer but it rejects my username and password which i use daily to access by BT Yahoo mail,,,very strange indeed.

0 Ratings
trisha
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
it doesn't give me the option of Fonera, but i will check that out the next time i try to log on,,,thank you
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

No, what toekneem means is dont mistake Fonera for BT openzone by mistake.

Wait a minute, have you checked that you have joined BT Fon? Smiley Surprised 

Go to the Fon site and sign in using your username and password, it should tell you that you are a member.  If not, join. [Again, dont mistake BT Fon for Fonera]

You can try logging ito BTOZ/Fon at home on your own home hub.

AQ.

trisha
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

haha,,,ooops,,,i know for a fact that i haven't joined BTFON,,i presumed you didn't need to, just log on,,,,duh,,,sorry for being silly,,,will try that later on thank you so much!!!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

New customers [from I think last April, though not sure] were auto joined, the rest of us had to sign up.

Let us know how you get on, you can sign into Fon at home on your hub to practice. 

Forget the being silly bit as well Smiley Wink

AQ.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

@AllanQuatermain wrote:

New customers [from I think last April, though not sure] were auto joined, the rest of us had to sign up.

March 09 iircSmiley Wink

Plus recontracting customers also get auto opted in, so those whom thought they weren't, probably are......

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
trisha
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

hey it worked after i registered my email address and password with BTFON, so obviously i wasn't pre-registered as i presumed i was.  Thank you so much for your help.  This forum is well worthwhile and faster response than ringing BT itself.  Cheers my good friend.

Trisha

0 Ratings