cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shtitley
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

gettting notice of emails sent from my address and being failure but I'm not sending them-

I've had dozens of delivery failure notices for emails sent-from my address- but I haven;t sent them. They seem to be spam mails and offer discounts on electricals etc to people I've never heard of.

I updated my bt email and in my contact list found some contacts I'd never heard of. How can I stop this happening. It's filling up my inbox with them!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: gettting notice of emails sent from my address and being failure but I'm not sending them-

It is probably someone putting your e-mail address in a fake header, but just in case it is not, change your e-maill password.

I hope you did not fill in any e-mails requesting account details recently?

0 Ratings
shtitley
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Re: gettting notice of emails sent from my address and being failure but I'm not sending them-

no, never give unsolicited emails details. Very careful with my passwords etc. Doesn't always happen,can go for weeks with none then a flurry of a few dozen. have tried to work out a pattern to this but there is none. My account is otherwise fine. How did I end up with random contacts on a list I've never seen before in my old bt yahoo mail account but suddenly appear in my new update one . I hope someone can give me some ideas. How can I get rid of them-they won't delete.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

@shtitley wrote:

I've had dozens of delivery failure notices for emails sent-from my address- but I haven;t sent them. They seem to be spam mails and offer discounts on electricals etc to people I've never heard of.

I updated my bt email and in my contact list found some contacts I'd never heard of. How can I stop this happening. It's filling up my inbox with them!

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

Your email address has been used by a spammer as the "From" address in their spam run. Any failure messages will automatically be returned to you, as well as some people replying "do not spam" etc/

You haven't sent them.

Some people have had 10s of 1000s of these non delivery reports, and frankly there is actually little the can be done to prevent it.

The emails typically reduce to a trickle and then stop as the spammer uses another poor persons email address in their next spam run.

0 Ratings