cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

green cabinet 20 meters from home but I'm plugged to another cab 2km away

So I have a green cabinet just around the corner from me but my local landline is plugged to another green cabinet about 2km away from me for some odd reason.

There's no fiber available in my green cabinet, but the one around the corner has fiber.

Are there any chances or moving my landline to my local green cabinet?

how does this work?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: green cabinet 20 meters from home but I'm plugged to another cab 2km away

there are numerous posts like yours on the forum and openreach will not move your line to the nearer cab just so you can get a better broadband connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

See link

https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/questions-about-fibre-availability/

and in particular the question "There's another cabinet near me that's already up and running.............." 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

If the ‘green cabinet’ close to you is an Openreach cabinet , but you are not connected to it, chances are it was placed there for a newer development, if a greenfield site is used for housing for example, placing a cabinet close to the site obviously makes sense ( especially if it’s a development of many houses ) , but any pre existing property’s that are already served are not going to be rearranged to be served from the new cabinet ( after all it’s an expense with no return on investment ) 

Its possible , if your speed is below the USO , and it’s not just you but sufficient others to make a diversion scheme to move you and others makes sense it may be undertaken, no doubt in time you would be upgraded to FTTP anyway, but you cannot simply request it and expect it to be done immediately, considering whatever you pay your ISP , OR get around £9 a month for the ‘loop’ 

0 Ratings