cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 7

hacking...

Hi, how I can tell if someone is hacking into my broadband.  I normally use half my allowance but during September it almost reached the limit.  October went back to normal usage.  I didnt do anything different during September so wondered if someone had hacked in.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: hacking...

Although not impossible due to the security encryption it is unlikely somebody has hacked into your router. It is possible if you have supplied the wireless key or somebody has obtained it from your Homehub label that somebody is using it without your authority but they would need to be withing a few tens of meters to pick up the wireless signal.

If you go into the Homehub management pages you can see what devices are connected to the Homehub.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 7

thanks for replying.  I will do what you suggest and hopefully I can disconnect them as I have doubts about one person I gave my password to

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Just change your wireless password, that will prevent them connecting.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 7

I've tried using my iPad in the house next door. We are both in small semi detached houses and in practice am probably only about 5 or 6 meters away from the HH5 and on the same level. It's virtually impossible. The chances of someone using your Wifi are quite slim. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

Unless of course you are transmitting BT WiFi/Fon (opted in). You can get up to 8Mb download!

https://www.btwifi.co.uk/help/common-questions/using-bt-wifi.jsp

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

0 Ratings