cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

has anyone else been disconnected despite being assured they wouldn't be

Despite a series of re-assurances from BT customer support that my broadband would not be handed over to somebody else on a different provider they have cut me off. Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Beginner
Message 2 of 8

Has anyone else been told lies by BT customer support?

Has anyone been assured that the so called customer support would resolve a serious problem and phone back and then simply been left high and dry with no further contact?

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Anyone spoken to a customer service contact who actually gave a **bleep**?

Is it just me or could the customer service in BT really not give a **bleep**?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Re: Anyone spoken to a customer service contact who actually gave a **bleep**?

I have merged you three posts as they are essentially about the same thing and keeping them together will save the any answers you get being duplicated.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

As regards your initial problem what exactly has happened? Why were you needing to get assurance that your connection would not be given to somebody else.?

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

It's been another right royal saga with BT: you'll need a strong coffee for the full version!!

It started with a text claiming to be from BT to the effect that somebody wanted to take over my phone line {because I was moving out and they were moving in}. Being wary of scams I phoned BT customer disservices to confirm there was to be no change. Following a long series of phone calls - each of which promised there would be no break in service they switched off the broadband. They also steadfastly refused to attempt to contact the source of the erroneous requests.

A further flurry of phone calls resulted in them imposing a new phone number which worked (dont hold your breath) and further promises (yup - they were broken too) to re-instate the broadband. This was meant to happen via a phone call today. That phone call did not happen because they cut off the new number they had just set up - nor did they make any attempt to contact my mobile number.

This evening I spoke to a lovely Liverpudlian lady who, over the course of 45 minutes could only suggest we sit and wait for the team referred to above as if she did anything she would probably make things even worse. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to five working days for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Hi Echline,

Welcome and thanks for your posts!

Sorry that your services have been disconnected despite you contacting us and telling us not to.  I can help get you back up and running from here.

Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to send us over your details.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings