Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
knickolyed
Message 1 of 7

help dialing out

hi all,

im having some issues with my hub/phone,

i moved address and got a new line put in.

however my phone wont dial out.

broadband works, incomming calls work, if i disconnect the hub and plug a normal phone in it works

only when i try to dial out i get "you are not able to make or recive calls on this line" although i can and have recived calls

ccan anyone shed any light on this problem please

many thanks

tom

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: help dialing out

Hi have you tried reactivating your hub phone also have you moved within the same exchange area eg dialling code if a new dialling code and your hub number does not start 05 then you would need a new number also worth noting if its anew contract you have started with bt then bbtalk is no longer available
0 Ratings
knickolyed
Message 3 of 7

hi, how do i go about reactivating my hub phone?

also i moved to a different exchange and got a new tel number as a result,

broadband does work and is quite quick for the area 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

sounds like if you have moved and are now on a new account your bbtalk has been closed the service is now no longer available to customers who upgrade packages are new customers or change to bt infinity what did you old bbtalk number begin with 01, 02 or 05
0 Ratings
knickolyed
Message 5 of 7

forgive my ignorance but whats a bbtalk number?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

The number that was allocated to your hub phone
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

Hi

As John suggests there could be a problem with your Broadband Talk account. If you look at you homehub you will see apicture of a handset, is the light lit adjacent to that?

Also you say that you have tried a phone plugged in without the homehub, have you managed to make and receive a call if you plug a phone direct into the main incoming line?

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings