cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hundy23
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

help i'm trapped in an admin issue

Any help appreciated here as not getting anywhere with BT and their wholesale supplier (Openreach), who they keep blaming.

My service should have been installed two weeks ago, with the simple need to install a new phone line and then connect the fibre based service to it.  However after finally getting the line installed and tested, it appears that whoever did the fibre connection, failed to sign the job off as complete.  This has now resulted in the job being lost in the system, and me being devoid of any service. no one seems to know of how to resolve it, and i cant contact anyone in openreach.  I'm now in my tenth groundhog day with BT and their 'case worker' team, but they have no more idea than me.

Any body out there with an idea of how to get this resolved, any help appreciated.  i've already escalated to BT, emailed directors, moaned, shouted, cried, and the flashing pink light on the router is driving me insane.

Cheers

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: help i'm trapped in an admin issue

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 3 of 10

Hi @hundy23,

Welcome to the community forum and thank you for posting. 

I can understand your frustration and I'm sorry you've been left without a connection. I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
hundy23
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

thanks i've just sent the details over

0 Ratings
hundy23
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

not heard back from anyone, so no further forward to where i was yesterday and still have a flashing pink light, which will soon be flashing outside, if it survives the drop...

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

Under ideal conditions, the moderators can normally deal within 48 hours, but they are running a bit behind at the moment as they are only a small team based in the UK. They will however take full ownership until any issues are resolved. They are a very good team.

0 Ratings
hundy23
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

well the original post and subsequent detailed submission was on the 5th April, now its the 10th, with still no broadband, the original install date was the 21st March.  Looking at the routers around my vicinity most appear to be competitive, maybe this is an omen.  the cab is in place 4metres away from the line cab, phone line installed, but appears to be some admin issue. its a shame that the escalation procedure just does not work, BT wholesale do not take customer calls and in fact put the phone down on me... Unless anyone can spring forth with a suitable response i think my time is almost done. Competitve marketing are very interested in getting my take on this, i presume to fulfill generating extra demand for themselves. Maybe then someone may take notice......

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

Unless you can get a cable service changing providers will achieve nothing as they all use the same Openreach fibre infrastructure all it will do is move you further down Openreach's work stack
0 Ratings
hundy23
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

but it would resolve the lost or administrative issue that BT cant close or Open a new request, and i must be scrapping the bottom of the list by now anyway. there was even suggestion at one point from BT of installing a second line... how bizaare is that?

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

The close off comes from Openreach not BT
0 Ratings