Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 24

Re: help really poor speed

Go to solution
You should contact the helpdesk as I said. There are a variety of fault finding options available to the helpdesk via the eCoplus automated system which will enable them to determine the fault remotely. They can arrange an engineer visit out-of-hours and at the weekend too.

To prove you have a fault, all you have to do is relay the information I gave you earlier. Your data rate is unacceptable.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 12 of 24

Go to solution

ive just tried the noise test and couldnt hear anything.

ray, do you know the correct number to call please?

thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 24

Go to solution

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 14 of 24

Go to solution

just got off the phone with them and they can only offer mon-friday 8-6 so will just have to leave it and see if it works itself out.

thanks for everyones help

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 24

Go to solution

see if mods can help with an engineer appointment to suit you as it will take a while for conenction to recover

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 16 of 24

Go to solution

Hi Bower123456,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.  Really sorry that your broadband connection speed has dropped so drastically.  At only 3MB now, there is definitely an issue somewhere.

I fully appreciate that the engineers time slots that you have been offered are not suitable considering you work all week.  The availability of an engineer on a Saturday really depends on the engineer resource in your area so I am not sure that I can accommodate an appointment outside of the hours that have already been offered, I will certainly try.  If I cant arrange a suitable appointment then it doesn't have to be you personally at home at the time of the visit, anyone over the age of 18 would work just fine, so perhaps you could call in a favour?

Even if the fault lies outside of your home, Openreach will insist that someone is available at the address.  As once the engineer Carry's out their work, they will come to your home and test the connection to make sure everything is fine.  Lets not get ahead of ourselves, first things first, I will need your details.

Please send me an email by completing the 'Mods contact form'.  Click on my username (SeanD) and you will find the contact link under the 'About me' section of my profile.  Once we have your details we will have a better understanding on the next steps.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 17 of 24

Go to solution
Hi Sean thanks for the response and I've emailed you.
Thanks again
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 18 of 24

Go to solution

Thanks Bower,

We will be in touch as soon as possible Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 19 of 24

Go to solution
Well a week on and no change in speed and no contact off bt.
A new fault was opened again on my account last Saturday and apparently the fault has now been resolved again but no change in speed if anything it's now gone down to 2.5mb, so I'm now on the same speed I was on years ago! So don't think much of this new fibre bb.

Does anyone know how long do u have before you can cancel the service if it's not performing as advertised?
Any advice would be appreciated
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 24

Go to solution
The mods are very busy at the moment they are taking up to 6 working days to re contact you personally
0 Ratings