cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
larz1
Message 1 of 4

help!!

hi all, wondering if anyone can help...

im having trouble with my landline when i use the phone the person on the other end cant hear me they say there is a lot of interference, i have done all the tests thats recomended and its still the same, broadband working fine though its just the landline and the telephone is brand new only 2 days old, could it be the master socket?? bt say the line is fine!!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: help!!

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Have you tried another known working telephone into that test socket without an ADSL fiter.
If you have done all that you will need to report to your comms provider, if its BT Retail you will need to call them on 0800 800 151 or 0330 123 4151 from a mobile phone.
They will mention about charges but as long as you have done as suggested and you have not damaged any of the incoming wiring there "should" be no charge. when you phone do NOT mention broadband once any noise on your line is solved then your broadband will improve

nte5

0 Ratings
larz1
Message 3 of 4

i bought a cheap corded phone and its fine on that, so its the phone, to which is brand new.. time to take it back!!!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

did you try the other phone that you think may be faulty in the test socket
0 Ratings