cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
outy
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

hh went wonky

Hi just had a weird issue with my hh5b its been installed for a couple of months now been great just the 2 week reset thing,speeds maxed out at 79.999 down and 20.000 up 😁 no random resets then out of no where it reset at 12.01am flashing orange with a red b and didn't come back till 12.32am that lasted 30 seconds then i reset it by pressing reset button then it went to solid orange light and solid b so i turned it off for 1min by power offing and it went back to flashing orange flashing red b till 1250am and then off again a minute later its back now i checked the event log it says 1st Jan and I had 117000kbps dwn how's that possible? Says something about ipv6 service dhcp server stopped and ipv6 ra server stop?? What the hell was it doing?
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
outy
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: hh went wonky

Hopefully someone knows as it stressed me out.cheers 🍻
0 Ratings
outy
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

Oh and everything seems normal as in NM etc its 3.7db right now so literally no idea why it went all Pete tong but hopefully 🤞 it doesn't do it again don't want to be visiting this site daily again lol.not good for my rage issues lol.
0 Ratings
outy
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

To make it make sense the WAN log says it was the 1st of January which is very odd and I had 117.000kbps impossible,what would cause it to reset when everything's good as far as I'm aware..........waiting
0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

Have you checked if the firmware has been updated ?

What version of firmware do you have now ?

1st of January being displayed happens often when the hub clock has not yet been set after a reboot for instance.

0 Ratings
outy
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

The firmware is the same its the latest one as far as I know it ends in 01239 type b model.the clock thing kind of makes sense but it wasn't a factory reset..what do you make of me getting 117000kbps crazy I thought.
0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 7

The HH 5 B has a facility for downloading the event Log as a csv file.

I suggest you download the WAN category and the TR069 category of entries.

Open the resulting files with Wordpad. You can then look at entries and get a good idea of what went on.

It is well worth the effort to become familiar with the contents of these and other category of entries. EG Boot gives you a list of when the HUb was rebooted.

I recommend you avoid Resets but use the System part of Advance Settings to Restart the Hub instead of Reset. Restarts preserve the event log I would imagine resets destroys it but I never use it.

0 Ratings