cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

hh5 linked to another router

hi

on my old ADSL connection i had a net gear as my main and the ISP router linked to it with a Ethernet just so could have extra wifi range. Now on fibre I did have a hh5a and I changed over to a tp link 9980 as fed up with reboots, termination user requests.

could I use my tp link 9980 as my main router and link my hh5a to it with a Ethernet cable as before?

is this possible and how to do it?.

thank you so much to the forum
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: hh5 linked to another router

Yes, just connect the HH5 to the TP link from LAN port to LAN port. Turn off DHCP on the HH5 and set its IP address to one outside the DHCP range you have set on the TP Link. I can't remember the default address of the TP Link (Ihave changed mine to something else), but I think it is 192.168.1.1  If it is, then you can leave the HH5 as 192.168.1.254

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

sorry jolly putting it in wrong place and thanks for sorting it and moving it to the correct place.

thank you liquorice yeah tp link 192.168.1.1 and hub is 192.168.1.254. I can leave the IP ranges like they both are now and work OK.i think I have to change wi fi channels example tp on 6 and hh5 on 1 for 2.4ghz,

the wire already down just link them up with LAN and turn off dhcp and all done?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Yep, that's it.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

thanks mate.

I linked them up tp link to hh5, does it go from LAN to LAN and on any LAN port and not the red one?

on tp link the usual normal lights on but on hh5 while linked to tp link the hh5 light is orange and is usually blue and also it has a red blinking light?

is this correct?

thank you
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Yes, LAN LAN. Hub light will not go blue as there is nothing connected to the dsl port.
0 Ratings