Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Buddy21
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

home hub not connecting to Tablet

Go to solution

Hello, I am new to this forum but really hope you are able to help.

I have an Asus memo tablet, which has worked well receiving my email until two weeks ago when suddenly it would not connect to my Home Hub(2). 

All my other devices work well with no problems, I have checkd the Hub with BT and all seems well. I tried a reset but it will still not connect even if I try adding my email account manually, when I do this and click next it says "cannot open connection to server"

The Home Hub shows up in the settings, but when I try to connect it says Authenticating and then displays Authentication problem.

I can access the internet using a MiFi dongle and pick up Gmail, but it will still not connect to the BT email.

I would be very grateful for any advice and preferably not to technical please.

Thank you in anticipation.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: home hub not connecting to Tablet

Go to solution

Factory reset the home hub 2.

0 Ratings
Buddy21
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you Keith ,but  I don't know how to reset the hub

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Is the problem that your Tablet won't connect by wireless to the Homehub or is it that you can not use your email?

If it won't connect to the Homehub, try a factory reset of the Homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds.

While the Homehub is resetting, "forget" any connections to your Homehub that show on your Tablet. Once you have done that re-start the tablet.

Once the Hub and the Tablet have re-started, re-scan for wireless networks on the Tablet and after finding your Homehub select it and enter the wireless passkey that is on the hub label to make the connection.

If you are now able to connect to the Internet, try your email. If you still have a problem with that you should make sure you have the correct settings as per this link.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/kw/bt%20mail/c/346,6588,6591

If you are going to delete then re-make the email account remember to re-start your Tablet between the deletion and setting it up again.

0 Ratings
Buddy21
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you so much for all your help. Did reset and tablet now connected.

I am extremely grateful.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thats good Smiley Happy

A common issue with all of the home hubs, is that they fail to flush old connections, and eventually the DHCP table fills up, stopping any new connection.

0 Ratings