cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daviehop
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

homehub 5

Had infinity for about 2 mths now. Nothing but problems. Shocking customer service from India. My problem now. Continuous flashing green light on homehub 5. Any ideas on how to solve. Have done a reset ect. Thanks !
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: homehub 5

Are you connected to the test socket with a new filter or do you have an SSFP?

Was it self install or openreach or contractor?

Can you post stats from hub. Troubleshooting then helpdesk

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
daviehop
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Not connected to test socket old type master socket connected via filter SSFP ???
Self install. About 2mths ago.
cant get stats for hub as cant get online .
thanks
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

When you say flashing green light, are you sure. See link for colour of lights.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/46541/~/what-do-the-lights-on-my-bt-home-hub-5-mean%3...

Did you try a factory reset of the Homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds or was it just a soft reset by pressing the reset button on the rear?

You can still get some of the stats on the Homehub as long as your computer is connected by Ethernet. You do nt need to be connected to the Internet.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

I think the continuous flashing green is when the software fails to initialise.

0 Ratings
daviehop
Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Yes it flashing green continues. Dont see any info about this in lights advisory. Done a 20sec reset
getting " unable to connect to hub " when trying to open hub manager. Connected via ethernet to pc. Thanks
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

Sounds like you have a faulty Homehub. You need to contact BT and report  a fault and request a replacement.

Presumably you have checked the cables are not damaged or disconnected.

0 Ratings
daviehop
Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Even tried my home hub 3 still cant connect to broadband. All cables checked even tried another ethernet cable. Contacted BT engineer coming Friday
thanks
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

The home hub 3 will not work on Infinity on its own, unless its connected to an Openreach modem.

0 Ratings
daviehop
Contributor
Message 10 of 11

back on the hub 5 still flashing green. Think the hub is goosed. So frustrating only had infinty a couple of months. And been a nightmare since. Indian customer helpline a waste of time and hopeless. Last month. On 2 different occasions bt engineer never turned up twice. After taking time off my work to give him access to my house. Shocking service. Thanks again for all your kind assistance.
0 Ratings