cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 29

homehub needs replacing and dlm profile reset required

Hi there,

ive been with bt infinity top package for several years since it was first launched, and around 3 months ago i re-contracted for another 18 months over the phone, i asked for a replacement home hub 5b as the one i have is playing up and its quite old, i had it since it was launched, i was told i will get a new one since its part of my new contract. Unfortunately that never arrived and i am now left with asking one of the mods here to chase and organise this for me please?

1 week ago i had fault on the line and bt engineers arrived next day on a sunday and repaired it, however they told me i have to request a new homehub, and hopefully request a line reset which i am doing here now.

Is homehub 6 now same in reliability as the 5b ?

cheers,

Jon

0 Ratings
28 REPLIES 28
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 29

Re: homehub needs replacing and dlm profile reset required

I noticed it's loosing sync a couple of times during the day, resyncs.. I told this to the engineer as I thought it was related with the fault last week, he simply told me to ask for another one and request for a line reset?..
I am currently using the old white modem hooked up to my private router, but too many cables around with kids and cat playing around.
I would like to go back to a all in one solution please.

he reseted the router for me but it still resunced when i checked logs next morning

Noticed that I've lost a few good megs on each resync

Since I am using the old white modem it's not resyncing anymore But too many cables lying around
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 29

How can I request a MOD help from here please ?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 29

BT cannot do a reset on fibre services that can only be done by Openreach if a fault is found
if your hub is faulty then you need to contact the helpline on 08001114567 and request one from there
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 29

the mods normally only get involved if the community cannot help
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 29

i called them earlier on, new hub 5 is coming to me on tuesday, also the lady on the phone told me once i plug the new hub it will perform a DLM reset automatically - not sure if this is true, i dont think so.

i will then keep an eye on the connection, ill try to setup a bqm monitor if i can set the homehub to respond to ping and finally post some stats in here, i will appreciate for one of the MOD's in here to organise a openreach fibre engineer visit to check all connections starting from their main socket to the fttc cab, also to read the notes from last openreach line engineer's visit and to explain to me what egzacty went wrong last sunday when they attended and what did they do to repair and close the fault (please note the fault was found by the automatic test done over the phone, and it was also reported automatically by the system - not by me)

cheers

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 29

phone told me once i plug the new hub it will perform a DLM reset automatically - not sure if this is true, i dont think so. Total rubbish 

you can request the engineer visit your self which will be much faster then the modsd can do at this tim as there waiting time is 3/5 working day once they post their contact link here

0 Ratings
Sage
Message 8 of 29

No reset can be done by bt remotely. It can only be requested by a broadband engineer in attendance after repairing a bb fault.

As yours seems to have been a line fault Openreach will leave it to DLM to make the required changes.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 29

spoke to online chat customer support and apparently he has initiated DLM reset online using their diagnostic tools

- see part of the trasncript chat

**Edited**

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 29

Total rubbish as we have already posted No ISP and that includes BT Retail can reset the DLM Openreach have total control over the DLM ISP's can only reset ADSL (standard broadband connections )
0 Ratings