cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

hot spots

Being an established Gmail user, I have set my Btinternet.com Email up as client based, If and when I get a laptop/tablet,  will I be able to log into BT Hot Spots or do I need to setup a BT web mail.?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: hot spots

Just use your BT Broadband primary e-mail address and password.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

I was wrongly assuming I would use the email setting password to go with my email username, but on checking my broadband settings, that also has my email as the username, so as I would be connecting to BT broadband I should use broadband setting password, please confirm.  

Having set my BT email up as client based on my home PC. and that email account not being on the proposed laptop, is irrevelant?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

if connecting to hotspot/btwifi then you need to use your primary btinternet.com address and password.

not sure what you mean about your hub username should bthomehub@btbroadband.com and any password

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Guru
Message 5 of 6

Hi wayfayer,

To login to a BTWifi (previously called BTFon/BTOpenzone) hot-spot, all you need to do is connect to the SSID and on the landing page enter your Primary BT Account email and password.

Landing page looks a bit like this:

BTWifiLandingPage.png

For your emails you can either use the BT Yahoo Webmail interface here: http://mail.yahoo.com or you can use an email client such as Microsoft Outlook, Thunderbird, ect...

To use IMAP settings:

Incoming:

servername : imap.mail.yahoo.com

port: 993

Security: SSL/TLS

Outgoing:

servername: smtp.yahoo.com

port: 465

security: SSL/TLS

To use pop3:

Incoming:

servername (POP3)  : mail.btinternet.com

port: 110

Outgoing:

servername (SMTP)  : mail.btinternet.com

port: 25

For both mail client methods you use your BT Yahoo mail account username and password.

Hope that helps,

Cheers

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

@wayfayer wrote:

Being an established Gmail user, I have set my Btinternet.com Email up as client based, If and when I get a laptop/tablet,  will I be able to log into BT Hot Spots or do I need to setup a BT web mail.?

I think you're reading too much into this.

The only relevance of BT's webmail to BT Wi-Fi hotspots is that the log-in details are the same. Whether you use an email client, webmail, or nothing at all has absolutely nothing to do with it. When you're in range of a hotspot you can simply connect to it as described by jac.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings