Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 23

Re: house move issues

1. Product name:BT Home Hub
2. Serial number:+068343+NQ34526626
3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 (Type A) Last updated 03/07/15
4. Board version:BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime:0 days, 00:02:46
6. Data rate:3381 / 12784
7. Maximum data rate:3380 / 13102
8. Noise margin:6.1 / 6.2
9. Line attenuation:32.7 / 24.8
10. Signal attenuation:32.8 / 20.3
11. Data sent/received:0.9 MB / 20.8 MB
12. Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com
13. BT Wi-fi:Yes
14. 2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID:BTHub5-ZQZJ
15. 2.4 GHz Wireless connections:Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s))
16. 2.4 GHz Wireless security:WPA2
17. 2.4 GHz Wireless channel:Automatic (Smart Wireless)
18. 5 GHz Wireless network/SSID:BTHub5-ZQZJ
19. 5 GHz Wireless connections:Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s))
20. 5 GHz Wireless security:WPA2
21. 5 GHz Wireless channel:Automatic (Smart Wireless)
22. Firewall:Default
23. MAC Address:18:62:2c:4a:3d:2a
24. Modulation:G.993.2 Annex B
25. Software variant:AA
26. Boot loader:1.0.0

im using the same front cover that i had in my old house which gave me 76mb connection which is attached to the only socket in the house

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 23

on the outside of the house is a connection box , im going to check that out

i have on several occasions in previous house re-routed my telephone cables and installed new master sockets, i mean its 1 orange and 1 white wire so its not exactly difficult.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 23

is the outside box like this  external_NTE_1.png

if you conenct to test socket then check that your extension sockets do not have a dial tone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 23

the outside box is a black cylindical tube for connecting 2 lenghs of telephone cable, the 2 wires from each end a paired together in clear plastic sealed connectors, they looked fine.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 23

ok

what about the check for dial tone with extension sockets?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 23

i dont have any other sockets

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 23

is it possible to conenct to the test socket with a filter and repost the hub stats.  if speed just the same then you need to phone customer services and get engineer visit as conenction speed below estimate

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 23

i dont use a filter, havnt in years, just straight into master socket dsl terminal

as i mentioned this socket i actually brought from my old house and it is wired up exactly as it was in previous house where i got 76mb on infinity 2

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 23

up to you  - then you need to get engineer visit

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 23

Customer services

Following on from this thread

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/house-move-issues/m-p/1646014

it has now been 6 weeks since we moved.

The problem i am having is, i just cannot get through to bt to speak to someone

i have lost count of the amount of calls i have made, the first time i got through via ringback i was told to wait 10 days for a line upgrade to 55mb, so i waited and nothing changed, the udgrade should of happened by the 26th july. and as i said it didnt happen,

so i started ringing up and eventually i had 2 ringbacks within 10mins  of each other, both to tell me the systems were down and to try again in 4 hrs, which i did but no body rang back, so i tried to wait on the line, 1.5 hrs later i gave up and tried ringback, only for no one to bother.

this has been happening every day i try to get through.

i have have tried the complaints line only to suffer the same.

i have been with bt many years and when the service is working its great but whenever there was a problem i always dreaded having to call.

luckily for the past 4 yrs i hant had to call other than to make this house move. but wow i have not ever known bt to be so bad as these last 6 weeks.

on top of all this i am still being billed for option 2 which i had in my old house, despite only supposedly being on option 1

i am only writing this as i simply cannot seem to get through, no matter what time  of day i call

please helpWoman Sad

0 Ratings