cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 1 of 6

how do I get an acknowledgement receipt for an email please?

Go to solution

I'm sure you know what I mean but I'm not sure what it's called.

The Help section within the BTYahoo mail is as useful as the proverbial chocolate fireguard.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: how do I get an acknowledgement receipt for an email please?

Go to solution

I don't think there is an ability to get an acknowledgement that the email has been received.  it also depends a great deal on the receivers servers and whether the recipient allows achnowledgements - I don't for example

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

It is possible to request a "read receipt" in most email clients - I'm not sure if the BT Yahoo web mail offers that option.  You'd have to hunt around.

Bear in mind that most email programs give the option of whether or not to send the receipt response.  I generally don't unless I am happy for the sender to know that i have read it.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

BTYahoo webmail does not give you an option to request a receipt or if it does it is very well hidden. You need to use an email client to be able to do this and as others have said you would only get a receipt if the recipient allowed this..

Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@gg30340 wrote:

BTYahoo webmail does not give you an option to request a receipt or if it does it is very well hidden. You need to use an email client to be able to do this and as others have said you would only get a receipt if the recipient allowed this..

Agreed. Web based email system do not have read receipt request option..  One needs to use TB, outlook or Windows Live Mail to request read receipt but the recipient can refuse to send one.  I never allow any read receipt to be sent from my machine.

Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

thank you all. Most helpful.

0 Ratings