cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davidwalker600
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

how do you set up dns

i need to set up a dns sever for a sound server but i do not know how to config it on the bt homehub

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: how do you set up dns

As far as I know you cant change the DNS in the home hub.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Davidwalker600
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

for a shoutcast server port forwarding

0 Ratings
quails
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

You'll need to ditch the HH and buy a router that actually has some configurability to it - BT have taken the view that any feature not used or understood by a large number of customers is to be removed as it may increase support costs.

I bought an Asus wl-500w new from ebay for around £30, to get maximum features I put dd-wrt open firmware on it, but just to enable dns you don't need to go that far. I changed to setup OpenDNS on my router and to enable me to lock down my daughters PC to 2Mbps (nasty Daddy - but Skype was using all our download allowance).

Hopefully BT will see the light at some point and allow basic router configurability on the HH3.

0 Ratings
dcullum
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

You cant do it on the home hub, but their is nothing to stop you setting one or more DNS servers manually on your PC (or Mac)

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings