Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danoid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

how to get 52mbps instead of 36mbps

Go to solution
I've had infinity 1 for ages, but last year bt said infinity 1 speeds will get upgraded to 52mbps, but I'm still getting bang on 36mbps.

I've looked at by wholesale and although I can't get anymore than 56mbps in my area I should be getting more as even if my line is impacted I should be getting 40mbps.

So to me it sounds like my account needs upgrading?

I did see a website which did say to actually get it you need to re-contract, but then later said you dont.

I've tried ringing bt up, but they want me to do tests for slowness and sadly not understanding the actual situation so didn't want to waste time.

Any ideas?
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: how to get 52mbps instead of 36mbps

Go to solution
Can you post up the connection stats from the router?

Are you connected to the master socket, or an extension?

Do you have any noise on your line?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Danoid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
Hopefully this works okay
Firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 (Type A) Last updated 03/07/15
4. Board version: BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime: 0 days, 00:38:58
6. Data rate: 9458 / 39952
7. Maximum data rate: 9443 / 46431
8. Noise margin: 6.3 / 8.3
9. Line attenuation: 27.7 / 21.0
10. Signal attenuation: 27.8 / 20.5

Connected to the master socket, no noise from what I remember
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
Can you remove the front plate and connect to the test socket? This eliminates any extensions which can cause interference.

Dial 17070 when in the test socket and do the quiet line test to check for noise.

Repost up the connection stats when you're connected to the test socket please and we'll see if there's any change.

Can you also post up the results for your line from this checker http://www.dslchecker.bt.com
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Danoid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
I don't have any extensions in the house, comes from outside into the back of the faceplate

I can't copy and paste from wholesale but says

56 high, 40 low - clean line
42 high, 23 low - impacted line

Are you suggesting I should of automatically been upgraded to 52mbps from 36mbps? Is there a way to prove BT have upgraded me?

My only proof they haven't is the fact I'm still on 36mbps instead of the newer speed.

The fact I can get 36mbps and was the highest speed infinity 1 use to offer suggests to me my line is not impacted and BT just needs to do some tlc on my account
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
Your maximum attainable speed is 46, you're currently connected at 39952.

It's possible you're still on a 40/10 circuit and not 55/10.

Hopefully a mod will be along tomorrow and they can check and get it rectified if you've not been upgraded.

If you have been upgraded, then you'll need an engineer visit.
0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Danoid,

We'll check what your profile is on our side and compare it with our suppliers in case it's wrong on either side. You can reach us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods. We'll get back in touch with you within a few days after we receive your completed ticket:

ContactTheMods.png

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Danoid Thanks for taking my call last week I hope you are benefiting for the change over on your profile for the Infinity package.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings