cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frustrated_techi
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

how to stop Call Guardian during an incoming message BT4600

Is there a way to interrupt call guardian once it has picked up an incoming call? For example I am expecting an incoming automated call but guardian picks it up immediately and so I can't respond. Or I may sometimes want to pick up calls without having to go into settings everytime and turn off guardian (whcih you cannot do anyway in the settings menu once a call has started)

thx

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
afcbh
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Re: how to stop Call Guardian during an incoming message BT4600

If you know the number that will be calling you could add it to the phonebook.

0 Ratings
frustrated_techi
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thx but Im afraid not. As I haven't subscribed to caller id and I don't necessarily know the incoming call number anyway (ironically the particular case was an automated callback from BT!!) . I just thought it would be a natural feature to be able to break into an intercepted call in the same way you can normally with an answerphone
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@frustrated_techi wrote:
Thx but Im afraid not. As I haven't subscribed to caller id and I don't necessarily know the incoming call number anyway (ironically the particular case was an automated callback from BT!!) . I just thought it would be a natural feature to be able to break into an intercepted call in the same way you can normally with an answerphone

Call Guardian will not function if you don't subscribe to Caller Display.

It may well do something via a very indirect and unpredictable process. It'll screen every call.

You should disable it and use the phone as an answering machine only.

You could use Call Protect, if you want to block certain callers, and allow others. However you will still need Caller Display to gain access to the full features.

0 Ratings