Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iain_sherriff
Contributor
Message 31 of 55

Re: hub 2 throttling ?

Go to solution

thanks.

I did discon the bellwires. the master socket(not the one I am using for my router) has a green wire in 3 and orange in 5 so disconed the green. The upstairs socket (the one I am using with router) had ornage in 5.

everything still works after discon.

Due to the layout of the house I need a socket in a different upstairs room to avoid an extension..................can i just fit one myself then as it is after the outside box ?

If the bellwire has increased my speed how long ill it take for my profile to alter?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 55

Go to solution
yes you can as any internal wiring after the master is your responsibility you will need 3/5 days stable connection for your profile to rise
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 55

Go to solution
if you repost your hubstats after you have removed the bell wire we can see any change
iain_sherriff
Contributor
Message 34 of 55

Go to solution

Just to confirm, the outside bix is my master?   After wire discon   I did another speed test and got this

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.92 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.6 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :7.87 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 3 Mbps      

ADSL line status

Connection information
Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 0:36:13
Downstream7,872 Kbps
Upstream448 Kbps
ADSL settings
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.1
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)7.4 dB / 20.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)38.0 dB / 22.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up)19.8 dBm / 12.2 dBm
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 55

Go to solution

normally there are only 2 wires required and they are on terminals 2 & 5  the wires can be any colour as long as you can see the same colour on 2 & 5 in your extension box(s)  the bellwire is on terminal 3 and is normally orange but may be different colour but on terninal 3  no other wires are required 

if you need the extension to work then one from keith

connect filter to tets socket and router to filter, then connect a second filter to the first filter phone socket and then connect the detschable front form master to phone socket of second filter.  it will not lock inplace but it will work and all the extensions connected to the front plate will also work

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 55

Go to solution
that looks a dramatic improvement from your last posted stats all you need now is to leave the connection as it is for the next 3/5 days for the ip profile to increase and you will have a very good connection
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 55

Go to solution

profile is low dur to disconnections and previous low connection speed.  profile will rise automatically if you can stay connected 24/7 for 3/5 days maybe even sooner

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
iain_sherriff
Contributor
Message 38 of 55

Go to solution

again thanks all for your help...fingures crossed for a bit then 🙂

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 39 of 55

Go to solution
keep us posted on progress
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 40 of 55

Go to solution

made a great improvement from first set of stats and when profile resets then you will notice the big improvement

0 Ratings