Did you mean: 
iain_sherriff
Contributor
Message 1 of 55

hub 2 throttling ?

Go to solution

I am in  slooooooooooooow area Smiley Indifferent

but normally things are OK.

There is one time that I get problems.when I try to download a backup of my web space. Not all of it, just a forum. The download is around 900mb. Using Filezilla or Cute I get the same problem with both.

If I download small parts with a rest in between I'm OK.

My ISP can see no problems.

So

Ii start the download and soon get connection timeouts. At this time I CAN connect everything else, just not my own webspace.....BUT I can connect to everything using my mobile or anything else that doesnt go through my HomeHub.

It is as if the Hub has decided not to let any more traffic from my web space?

Is this possible and can I stop it happening

0 Ratings
54 REPLIES 54
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 55

Re: hub 2 throttling ?

Go to solution

are you connected to the HH2 wired or wireless?  I presume BT are your ISP if using hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
iain_sherriff
Contributor
Message 3 of 55

Go to solution

wired to hub.

I meant Host not ISP, sorry.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 55

Go to solution
Post your hub stats so we can see your connection rate etc.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 55

Go to solution
it could be p2p throttling on upload as a thought
0 Ratings
iain_sherriff
Contributor
Message 6 of 55

Go to solution
hub stats from the desktop programme ?

would p2p throtling be BT or host ?

thanks for helping

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 7 of 55

Go to solution
P2P throttling would be caused by B.T
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 55

Go to solution

Hi Welcome to the forums

Here are some help pages done by CL Keith http://www.btinternet.com/~cbeddoe/speed/Speed.html

also post your full hub stats details shown in this link http://www.btinternet.com/~cbeddoe/others/adslstats.html

Can you also post the full results fromBT Speedtest speedtester.bt.com

Have you tried connecting to the test socket at the rear of the master socket    Test Socket.jpg

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

iain_sherriff
Contributor
Message 9 of 55

Go to solution

thanks for the detailed reply.

maybe i added a red herring by sayign I am in a slow area.................it has always been slow here (long way from exchange etc) but i have always been able to do what I need until the last few weeks.

on a string of 12 hr night shifts at the mo but I will get those results soon as .

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 55

Go to solution
Ok post back when you can we can then help you further
0 Ratings