Did you mean: 
iain_sherriff
Contributor
Message 11 of 55

Re: hub 2 throttling ?

Go to solution

I hope this is what's needed 🙂  

Download speedachieved during the test was - 2.55 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.6 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :3.87 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 3 Mbps       

ADSL line status

Connection information
Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 0:10:44
Downstream3,936 Kbps
Upstream448 Kbps

ADSL settings

VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.1
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)5.3 dB / 20.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)38.0 dB / 22.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up)19.1 dBm / 12.3 dBm
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 55

Go to solution

your stats look ok with your profile consistent with your conenction speed

with your attenuation I would however expect a bit faster conenction speed nearer 7mb

are you connected to the test socket or master socket?  do you have other sockets in your home apart from the master whether in use or not?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
iain_sherriff
Contributor
Message 13 of 55

Go to solution

not on master.

dont recognise the "test socket" as something in my box.

there are other sockets.

still on nights........... will check those sunday pm.

I can still surf normally and use interactive sites and watch iplayer etc and they seem same as always have been and can download other files/images. It's just getting locked out of my space when FTP'ing that is an issue.

eg at the moment my wife is using betfair and listening to sportinglife radio while I am posting and all is OK.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 55

Go to solution

tes socket is behind the bottom half of the master if master NTE5 type

as you have other sockets have you removed the orange bellwire from terminal 3 in all your sockets as this is a known cause of noise on your line 

bellwire removal

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
iain_sherriff
Contributor
Message 15 of 55

Go to solution

my sockets are just plastic box with wires and a face plate with socket. Both the same.

I will get onto BT I think and get some new up to date sockets put in.

Thinking about this some more my problem isn't connection dropping...........I still have net connection just no connection to my server. Also when the connection drops it is instant.This is part of the error message from Cute

STATUS:> [29/04/2012 14:36:15] Transferring file "/forum/Themes/default/fonts/President/u.gif"...

COMMAND:> [29/04/2012 14:36:15] PASV [29/04/2012 14:36:15] 227 Entering Passive Mode (213,175,206,64,103,213)

COMMAND:> [29/04/2012 14:36:15] RETR u.gifSTATUS:> [29/04/2012 14:36:15]

Connecting FTP data socket... 213.175.206.64:26581...

ERROR:> [29/04/2012 14:36:36] The connection failed due to an error or timeout. .

STATUS:> [29/04/2012 14:36:36] Waiting 30 seconds...ERROR:> [29/04/2012 14:36:37] Control connection closed.

To me that is saying that an error (rather then a delay) causes the problem. It onlt tires to connect once more but the control connection is closed.

I'm sure I may increase my speed following your suggestions but I dont know if the slow speed is the actual cause ??

0 Ratings
iain_sherriff
Contributor
Message 16 of 55

Go to solution
...ignore the smilies !
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 55

Go to solution

if you get BT to replace the sockets it will cost at leat £130 as there is nothing wrong with existing sockets 

does the socket where the BT wires enter your home feed the other socket so one is master and other the slave?

0 Ratings
iain_sherriff
Contributor
Message 18 of 55

Go to solution

the overhead cable comes to the hose to a box on the wall outside. There are two sockets inside and each have a cable coming from the outside box. How the actual connection is I dont know!

So newer sockets wouldn't make much difference ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 55

Go to solution

no the box outside is your master  look like this  external_NTE_1.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 55

Go to solution

you can check to make sure that the bellwire was not connected to terminal 3 - if it was you should remove it.  normal connection is to terminals 2 & 5

0 Ratings