cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
susanna
Message 1 of 9

i haven't been given the right phone number

I want to speak to  a human! 

I joined BT on 2 March I have requested my number be reverted to my old number. Last Friday (4 March) I requested this  nember change three times each time it was arranged and the confirmation email arrived with the wrong number. The latest email beign the most absurd staring with 'Dear Mrs Friend' and stating 'We're changing your old number, xxxxxxxxxxxx, to xxxxxxxxxxx' - DO I need to point out that these are both the smae number and arenet; even my area code!!

I ahve already spent two hours on teh phone. Please, please please sort this out. I would ask you to call me but I odn't even know what my phone number is. 

This is not a good start to my relationship with BT but I am desperatley hoping you will resolve this very quickly.

As this is an open number I cannot give you the details I want you to deal with.  WHere do we go from here?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
susanna
Message 2 of 9

Re: i haven't been given the right phone number

**bleep** - just realised this is for other customers to offer advice - Where are all the ****** customer service operatives?? it's so  ******* hard to talk to someone. Aaargh.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 3 of 9

Hi susanna,

Welcome to the forum.

This is something we'll be able to help with, can you please send in your details (including the number you want) and we'll see what we can do to help?

You can get our "contact us" web link by clicking on my username.

Thanks,

Stephanie
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 9

Hi susanna and welcome

You could try asking the forum mods to look into this for you. I'm sure they'll sort it out.

Use this form and give them upto 72 hours to reply - http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

(It migt be worth editting your post to remove the phone number as it may be allocated to someone).

edit. Wow, Stephs on the ball this morning!Smiley Happy How did she spot the phone numberSmiley Wink. Guess I also need to go to the BT school for faster typingSmiley Very Happy

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 5 of 9

At the BT Academy we're also taught vital skills such as the renowned heavy weight handset lifting and coffee drinking 😉

Stephanie
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 9

@StephanieG wrote:
At the BT Academy we're also taught vital skills such as the renowned heavy weight handset lifting and coffee drinking 😉

Stephanie

So the BT Academy doesn't teach you the fine art of double choc chip cookie eating whilst on a call to a customer then!Smiley Sad

I do hope I.L or Sir M.R seriously look into this!Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 7 of 9

Fab idea! I'll see if we can work our way up to cookies (and perhaps muffins? Or is that too much?) in the next training session 😉

Not too sure how having a crumb-encrusted desk whilst trying to type out an email will work out but it's something I'm willing to try in the name of progress!
0 Ratings
susanna
Message 8 of 9

Have managed to find a number and talk to a human. THey can have said it is reolved (as did the other three operatives I speak to last week). We will wait and see what happens in the next week to ten days that it apparantly takes to change the phone number. I will let you know.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 9

@StephanieG wrote:
Fab idea! I'll see if we can work our way up to cookies (and perhaps muffins? Or is that too much?) in the next training session 😉

Not too sure how having a crumb-encrusted desk whilst trying to type out an email will work out but it's something I'm willing to try in the name of progress!

It MUST be cookies - you can blame the customers line for the crackling noise - "Ah, I can hear there is some interference on your line, crunch, crackle, we'll send and engineer out, crunch, crackle"

And when you're dusting the crumbs off the phone and you accidently cut them off, you can call them back and blame the fault!!Smiley Very Happy

I'm sure that's what happens with the BT overseas division and they appear to get away with it.....Smiley Tongue

0 Ratings