cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 1

i-phone wi-fi connectivity problems

Bit of a strange one and not necessarily a BT problem but you've got to start somewhere.

A couple of months ago started having intermittent problems in the evening with my i-phone losing wi-fi connectivity to our home hub/router. No problems with the wife's android phone, both of us in the same room where the hub/router is.   I-phone started asking for hub password which I then entered correctly but hub still said it was incorrect..!!! Gave up, switched off my phone and went to bed. Switched on the following morning and all ok, i-phone connected automatically, wi-fi working fine. Last night/this morning unable to get wi-fi connection on i-phone no matter what I tried. Carried out i-phone network settings reset etc but still no go. Went around to my daughters house where I could get wi-fi on my i-phone after signing on to her router/hub ????

Did a bit of research on t'internet and found out that the antenna within the phone is used by both wi-fi & bluetooth - didn't know that. I do have bluetooth switched on on my i-phone as I have the NHS Covid-19 app running.

Switched both Bluetooth & wi-fi off on my phone, left for a few minutes then switched wi-fi back on. Entered the wireless hub password and the phone connected to wi-fi straight away !!!!!! Switched Bluetooth back on and everything huncky-dory so far ?????? Any explanations peeps ????? 

0 Ratings