Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
robfinnigan
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

iPad and BT Openzone

Go to solution
Hi, Has anyone been able to connect their new iPad to BT Openzone? I get the usual landing page but when I enter my username and password and tap "login" nothing happens. Regards, Rob.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Raid1968
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: iPad and BT Openzone

Go to solution

Has you're log in details worked before?

It should make no difference that its the new iPAD.

You might have to contact OZ on 08000223322

Raid

0 Ratings
robfinnigan
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks for your reply. My details are fine. I've also got an iPod touch and can login with no problems. Seems to be a problem with the iPad. Rob.
0 Ratings
michaeldavies
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

I have had problems, despite trying a variety of different BT HotSpots and authentication methods, such as my roaming accounts

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Hello,

I had the same problem at a Starbucks.  I was eventually able to work around it by downloading the "Boingo Mobile Wi-Fi" iPhone app from the App Store.  Simply having this app installed on your iPad disables the "captive network" feature (the login popup); you don't even have to open it.  (Apparently Apple has a list of apps like this that disable the captive network feature, but Boingo is the only one I know of.)

With this app installed on your iPad, connect to the BT OpenZone hotspot through the Settings app.  Then launch Safari and navigate to any web page.  (I usually open a new page and type "test" into the Google search box.)  The OpenZone login page will appear, but this time as a normal Safari web page, and the login buttons should work properly.

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies Touch Software
iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad apps
0 Ratings
robfinnigan
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for your replies.  I eventually found a way to get an ipad connected to BT Openzone.

Goto to SETTINGS -->  SAFARI and then turn off AUTOFILL.

Works great!

Rob.

Stuarty_Boy
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi there,

Just out of interest (before I skulk down to Cafe Nero and try my luck), are you talking about turning off Safari's AutoFill for both 'Use Contact info / My Info' AND 'Names and Passwords', or just one of these?

By the way, I get access to Bt Openzone by being on BT Broadband (and also FON) - I'm hoping that this won't throw a further spanner in the works...

Cheers,

Stu

0 Ratings
Surreykid
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Can anyone tell me how to get connected to BT open zone from my ipad. I have jus spent half day phoning vodafone and bt and no one can help.

the registration process for vodafone requires a text to be sent but the ipad cant receive texts.

a woman from vodafone told me to go on the net and google bt open zone and try regestering with my IMEI number but I can find a thing to enable me to do this. HELP!!

0 Ratings
flash5620
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Check my reply posted today in this thread BTFON

0 Ratings