Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SamWidges
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

iPhone 7plus....number porting problem

Go to solution

I have come to BT mobile and wanted to keep my old mobile number, i followed the instructions and recieved all the emails but on the day of transfer I recieved the email to say it was complete but its still NOT, I have been told three different stories of how and why but alas still no number change.....now i'm tols its an Apple problem..............I am disgusted with the dishonest way in which BT staff have handled this and frstrated beyond reason.....I just want to use my phone with my old number........

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
SamWidges
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Re: iPhone 7plus....number porting problem

Go to solution

I solved this myself by doing a full reset.

0 Ratings
Fusionmoth
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
I assume then that this was an imessage / 'my number' issue in the settings still holding on to the original bt number?
0 Ratings
Aero2012
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

I have been suffering the same affliction on my new 7+ too. However, a reset doesn't seem to have fixed it for me. I've tried a few things that people have recommended from various web searches, but no luck.

I can make and receive calls/texts/etc using the temporary number given to me, but the number that I wanted porting over seems non existant, despite a similar email saying it was "done".

When you reset, did you go to Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings? Or is there some other hard reset that I've missed?

0 Ratings