Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RichRolls
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 10

iPhone Download Speeds

Go to solution

I am on Infinity2 and am getting c. 70 Mbps download on a wired ethernet connection on my PC.

However, on the wireless side, my iPhone 3GS only gets c. 10 to 14 Mbps.

My HH3 has the latest firmware (SP12).

Any thoughts please?  Is this lower speed due to limitations with the iPhone.

Thanks in advance.

Rich

If you found this information helpful, please click the star to the left of this post. If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Guru
Message 2 of 10

Re: iPhone Download Speeds

Go to solution

Hi, more than likely yes. Also, i would say 10-14MB is more than enough for an iPhone or a phone for the matter, unless you download alot off your iPhone?

Also, speeds will be affected by other electrical interference from household appliances. 

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
smartie
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution
Being limited by the iphone I expect, I achieve around 30mb download speed on my galaxy s2.
anthonyUK
Expert
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution
The HH3 does not implement WMM which is required as part of the N certification. My iPhone gets 5mb down and 17mb up so it can easily handle more as I just tested my old draft N access point and get 17/20 u/d. On other non IOS devices I get 70mb + down.
astar27
Expert
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
if it doesn't implement this then why is the technology classed as N? it sure would be useful if they enabled it.
0 Ratings
Bob1320
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

This is marked as a solution to the problem of poor download speeds. I really can't understand it. Can you explain?

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

I get my max connection on my iPhone4s (24/5 throughput)...

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

@Bob1320 wrote:

This is marked as a solution to the problem of poor download speeds. I really can't understand it. Can you explain?

As everyone has different download/upload speeds, everyeone's results are going to be different, in addition to any electrical interference in the household as well. 

Wireless unfortunately has no stability about what speeds you get consistently so it's a little more difficult to answer to what is acceptable download speeds for an iPhone. I get on average 35/15.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
JMD
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

iOS/Apple iPhone products will never acheive the full consumption of your broadband speeds any higher than an averge of 30+ Mbps, so don't worry there. iPhones are limited  in way as to what they can receive, but this isn't obviously something BT can fix, it is purely the distance from your router and the manufacturer of your mobile device's problem; though, this isn't really  a problem is it? It's just the way it works unfortunatetly!

0 Ratings
McGrath1982
Expert
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution
Nothing wrong with my IOS iPhone WiFi

http://www.speedtest.net/iphone/507548628.png
0 Ratings