cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

illogical wireless

Have spent a very frustrating day trying to set up a wireless connection for my children's computer. I have a new BT home hub - with one pc attached by ethernet and connecting fine to internet. A laptop in the next room which connects wirelessly and is generally ok but drops connection a couple of times a day. The new pc is in another room although am sitting at it with laptop just now and got wireless conenction fine. Bought a BT adaptor and tried to set up today - initally connected but dropped connection after a couple of minutes. Went through various BT fixes and finally phoned. After an hour on the phone moved pc back to origianl room next to hub to all remote access. on moving back to desired position it worked fine for about 2 hours but now wont connect at all and as I say am using laptop in exactly the same location with no problem. I understand about interference etc - the home hub is currently precariously balanced in the middle of it's room - cant stay there though it is totally impractical. But if interference is the issue why is the laptop ok? Have read about using powerline adaptors but as I already have these for BT vision will that not work?

any advice greatfully receive as I am going mad!

thankyou

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: illogical wireless

There are some suggestions on this help menu.

Wireless connection problems

You can use additional powerline adapter, provided they are the same type as you ar using for BT Vision.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: illogical wireless

thankyou - think powerline adaptors may be the way to go - what doesnt make sense to me though is that laptop can connect wireleslly in same place pc cant - doesn't seem logical

0 Ratings